Region: Yorkshire & the Humber
25 January 2018
- Add to iCal / Outlook
Date: Thursday 25 January 2018
Time: 18.00 - 20.00
Venue: WYCA, Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2DE
Join us for the first CPD opportunity of 2018:
Leeds City Council has unveiled proposed measures it is looking to implement to improve air quality, which includes the potential introduction of a charging clean air zone for some roads around the city.
CIHT are hosting a seminar at WYCA’s offices in Leeds City Centre, to explore these proposals which are currently under consultation, as well as discussing other recent research into road-based air quality impacts.
Speakers will include -
• Dr James Tate - Associate Professor at the Institute of Transport Studies, University of Leeds
• Andrew Hickford - Project Manager at Leeds City Council
Topic for discussion include:
• The proposed Leeds Clean Air Zone: how the recommendation was arrived at, the consultation process, how it will inform the final plans, and how funding will be sought to support those impacted
• Forecasting the road transport fleet turnover and vehicle emission trends, including the impact of the evolving Euro 6/VI emission standard legislation
• The total cost of ownership of diesel, petrol, plug-in hybrid and full electric vehicles (EVs), and the business and environmental case for petrol-hybrid taxis
Refreshments will be served from 6pm, with the seminar commencing at 6.30pm
Please book your place via EventBrite HERE.
This event is open to members and non-members.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Return to event listing
The CIHT Awards Dinner & Ceremony will take place at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in London on Thursday, 14th June 2018.
The awards are a celebration of the highways and transportatio...
Date: 9th May 2018
Time: 1900hrs following EoE AGM
Venue: Cambridge Golf and Conference Centre, Hemmingford Abbots, PE28 9HQ
Cost: ‘free to attend’ for members an...
Topic - The draft Mayor's Transport Strategy places a clear emphasis on a Healthy Streets Approach - a new type of thinking to put into practice the theory of reducing car dependency and increa...
Join us for our Young Members Group Road safety seminar:-
Data Visualisation and Road Accident Statistics: How the Road Safety team uses Microsoft BI to bring accident statistics to life.
Click on the link to the pdf below for full details.
Book your FREE place using EventBrite - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/transport-modelling-seminar-tickets-43193496912