Region: Yorkshire & the Humber
25 January 2018
- Add to iCal / Outlook
Date: Thursday 25 January 2018
Time: 18.00 - 20.00
Venue: WYCA, Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2DE
Join us for the first CPD opportunity of 2018:
Leeds City Council has unveiled proposed measures it is looking to implement to improve air quality, which includes the potential introduction of a charging clean air zone for some roads around the city.
CIHT are hosting a seminar at WYCA’s offices in Leeds City Centre, to explore these proposals which are currently under consultation, as well as discussing other recent research into road-based air quality impacts.
Speakers will include -
• Dr James Tate - Associate Professor at the Institute of Transport Studies, University of Leeds
• Andrew Hickford - Project Manager at Leeds City Council
Topic for discussion include:
• The proposed Leeds Clean Air Zone: how the recommendation was arrived at, the consultation process, how it will inform the final plans, and how funding will be sought to support those impacted
• Forecasting the road transport fleet turnover and vehicle emission trends, including the impact of the evolving Euro 6/VI emission standard legislation
• The total cost of ownership of diesel, petrol, plug-in hybrid and full electric vehicles (EVs), and the business and environmental case for petrol-hybrid taxis
Refreshments will be served from 6pm, with the seminar commencing at 6.30pm
Please book your place via EventBrite HERE.
This event is open to members and non-members.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Return to event listing
CIHT's CAV Ready Roads will provide attendees with knowledge on Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, covering issues such as safety, legal issues, maintenance and the latest on real world trials....
Date: June 27th 2018
Venue: WSP, William Armstrong Drive, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 7YQ
Cost: Free entry
CIHT North East & ...
Date: July 11th 2018
Venue: Nexus House, 33 St James' Blvd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4AX
Cost: Free entry
The Chartered Institute of H...
"Making our cities smarter today for the demands of tomorrow"
CIHT North East & Cumbria is proud to announce a one-day conference and exhibition that will see cutting e...
Landscape Protection: Designing in Hostile Vehicle Mitigation
Following events in recent years, the threat of international terrorism has risen to unprecedented levels. A key element of the gov...