This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
(3) What Personal Information is held
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information you consent to provide CIHT that is required to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, or potential contracts that may be in liaison between you and us.
- Information that you consent to provide by filling in forms on our website or submit to us in as part of any direct marketing or sales activities. This includes and is not limited to personal information about you such as your name, telephone contact number, geographical address/location, email address and interests.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a copy of your correspondence or communication.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
If you have provided us with the personal data of another person, there is a clear requirement imposed by CIHT for you to confirm that he/she consents to the processing of his/her personal data and that you have informed him/her of our identity as a Data Controller and the nature of the processing taking place. Records will be retained as evidence of this consent.
(4) How will we use the information we hold about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Performance of a contract - We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to notify you about changes to our services.
- Legitimate Interests - We use information held about you to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with CIHT, or in relation to a previous contract with CIHT whereby you are happy to continue to receive such information;
- Consent (Direct Marketing)- We use information held about you to provide you with information on CIHT products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to CIHT, it is a recognised right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn.
- Consent (Website)- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
CIHT will be launching a new website and integrated database in summer 2018. This will include the ability for registered users of the website (including members) to be able to select preferences for communication activity (e.g. receiving marketing/update emails, opting in and out of contact by telephone/post etc).
Currently, CIHT members are able to amend their contact details and opt-in or out of communications via the MyCIHT
section of ciht.org.uk
. If you require any assistance, please contact email@example.com
(5) Your rights relating to Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. CIHT operate both a Data Subjects Rights procedure and a Subject Access Rights Procedure to ensure that all rights exercised by data subjects relating to personal data are managed appropriately.
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from our strategic partner(s), partner network(s), strategic sponsor(s), advertiser(s) and affiliate(s). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
(6) Retention of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure.
CIHT operate a clear Retention policy and associated Retention Schedule to ensure personal data is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact us by email at email@example.com
. We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
(7) Sharing and disclosure of your information
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. Examples include companies who support the delivery of our website, IT system and the company used to send out our magazine.
As part of our GDPR compliance obligations, we are duty bound to check when personal data may be shared with third parties to ensure that they apply the same or greater controls in terms of data protection.
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific activities
- They may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them
- We check to ensure your privacy is respected and protected at all times
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of CIHT, our customers or others.
(8) Protecting your data outside the EEA
CIHT has risk assessed where personal information may be transferred outside the EEA. As part of our own due diligence, we have identified that personal data held for and by CIHT resides in the EU. CIHT will continue to monitor this for CIHT considering any 3rd party provider changes in the future. Should a requirement for data to be transferred outside of the EU in future, CIHT will implement controls and safeguards to ensure that equal to or greater data protection measures are enforced and records retained to evidence this.
(9) Contact us
Any questions relating to Data Privacy with CIHT or this Policy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to the Data Protection Officer at CIHT, 119 Britannia Walk, London, N1 7JE
Updated May 2018