Here you will find details of our committee.
Get in touch with the local committee e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roddy Beynon is the ex officio Chair of CIHT Cymru Wales for 2016-2018 having previously served as Vice Chair and as the group’s emerging professionals officer. The latter role involved encouraging those new to highways and transportation, including university students, to join the Institution and participate in events.
As an Associate transport engineer with Arup in Cardiff, Roddy is involved in a wide range of projects involving both public and private sector clients. He contributes to multidisciplinary masterplans, strategic public transport initiatives, pedestrian and cycle planning as well as transport proposals for major developments. Since 2013, Roddy has worked closely with a number of stakeholders on the development of the South Wales Metro, which will transform the way we travel around the Cardiff Capital Region. Roddy was project manager for the preparation of the Active Travel Design guidance for the Welsh Government, which provides comprehensive advice on planning for walking and cycling.
In addition to projects in South Wales, Roddy has worked on projects elsewhere in the UK as well as in Turkmenistan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Russia, Dubai and Poland. These have included the planning of new settlements, urban regeneration strategies and major sporting facilities.
More than 30 years’ transport planning across a wide range of transportation projects within the field of civil engineering across Wales, the UK regions and overseas. Successfully delivering transport planning services to Welsh Government, Highways England, Local Authorities and private sector clients throughout the UK and overseas.
Transport assessments for major public and private developments, major highway and improvement schemes, collision investigation and Road Safety Audit, sustainable travel initiatives including; safe routes, cycle feasibility assessments, traffic calming measures and parking strategies. Considerable experience in scheme appraisal from objective setting through to final environment and economic evaluation. Delivering schemes through Public Inquiry, Draft Consent Order Examinations, Oral Hearings and Appeals as the Transport Planning, Traffic and Economic Expert Witness and LDP advocate. Considerable experience as a project and bid manager with a proven ability of effectively managing projects and major tenders requiring multi-disciplinary team input.
• Chairman (2003/2004), Secretary (1998 to 2007), Treasurer (2008 to date) and Committee Member (1997 onwards) to the South Wales Branch of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and newly formed Cymru Wales Region.
• Member of Editorial Panel of ICE Member journal (2018 to date)
• Elected as South Wales member of Council for the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (2004 to 2010) and elected by the membership as an Ordinary Member of Council in 2011-2014 and again in 2015-2020.
• Member of the Self-Assessment Panel for the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation(2018 to date) reviewing members academic and training records together with auditing Professional Reviews
• Member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation Education Board (2005 to 2013 and 2015 to date).
• Chairman of the Working Party that developed the Transport Planning Professional qualification for Transport Planners. Founder Chairman and Member of the Professional Standards Committee for TPP and TPP Professional Reviewer for both Standard and Senior Routes (2008 to date)
• Panel member establishing a graduate training scheme for CIHT and employers for both Engineers and Transport Planners (2017 to 2019).
• Member of the Engineering Professional Standards Panel for the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (2010 to 2018), overseeing the routes to professional registration with the Engineering Council.
• Previous member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation National Transport Planning and Policy Board (2001 to 2004).
• Previous member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation National Network and Infrastructure Management Board (2004-2005)
Gareth is currently an Assistant Engineer in Mott MacDonald’s Colwyn Bay Office where he assists the infrastructure team in the production of CAD drawings, preparation of reports and calculations, supporting the administration of projects, ensuring outputs meet the required standards, meeting agreed deadlines, maintaining drawing registers etc.
In June 2018, Gareth was successfully awarded EngTech by the Institution of Civil Engineers Simultaneously, Gareth is also continuing his education on a part time basis and aspiring to become professionally qualified as a Chartered. In his spare time, in addition to volunteering with the CIHT, Gareth is also a STEM Ambassador and town councillor.
Daniel is an experienced Transport Planner with public and private sector experience. Daniel has developed a good knowledge of public transport systems in the UK and overseas, and has assisted clients in the design, implementation and operation of Heavy Rail, Light Rail, Bus and Bus Rapid Transit systems, through the use of appropriate modelling and appraisal techniques.
Daniel also has experience in both writing and reviewing Transport Assessments and Travel Plans associated with a range of land use types and has a good understanding of the transport related requirements of successful planning applications.
Daniel is Chair of the CIHT Cymru Wales Young Professionals Committee, which aims to represent the views of young and emerging professional members within the Institution.
Kerry is a Fellow of the CIHT and the Regional Representative to Council for the Cymru Wales region, she sits on the Asset Management and Procurement panels and is the ex officio chair of the Cymru Wales region having sat from 2014 to 2016.
She is also a co opted member of the committee for the North Wales Branch of the Institute of Civil Engineers and is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Logistic and Transportation. She is currently seconded to UK Highways as the Operations Manager of the DBFO of the A55.