The HMEP Lifecycle Planning Toolkit is:
• A strategic tool that can select the preferred maintenance solution and timing for intervention to suit the whole life cost of the asset;
- A network tool to enable Local Highway Authorities to make decisions regarding the timing of future maintenance decisions and their likely impact; and
- A costing tool to aid the selection of maintenance treatment options at a local level.
The HMEP Lifecycle Planning Toolkit and its deterioration models work as a package to enable local highway authorities to make strategic level planning decisions by helping to:
- Assess the impact that different levels of funding can make on future asset performance and asset maintenance requirements;
- Investigate the current and future levels of funding required to achieve more defined levels of service and condition; and
- Identify the levels of funding required to minimise whole life costs, helping to preserve assets in the most efficient way.
The HMEP LCP Toolkits (Carriageways, Footways and Other Assets) have been updated together with their accompanying guidance document; becoming more user friendly and incorporating some new functionality. The following constitute supporting material to the Toolkits: 1 Detailed User Guidance document, 1 Quick User Guidance document, 1 Audio-visual guidance and 1 Case Studies document (accessible above).
For more information and to access the toolkits - Click here