Submit your entries to the 2021 Awards!
In October 2021 we are hosting a Virtual Awards Ceremony to recognise local people and projects that have made a positive contribution to the industry during the last year. Following a similar format to the 2020 event, the number of awards has been limited to three categories again this year. The awards are open and we invite you to submit your entries.
Key dates are:
• Deadline for submissions: Full entries (using attached forms - please see links to entry forms below) need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 6 October 2021
• Award presentation: 14 October 2021 at 5pm
Information on the award categories and the accompanying entry forms are included below:
• Apprentice Award – recognising the efforts of an apprentice who is a rising star within the Region. During their time in the industry they consistently go above and beyond their daily duties to assist their colleagues.
Download the form here: Apprentice Award Entry Form
• Young Professional Award – recognising the efforts of one keen individual, who in the first 10 years of their career, have demonstrated a passion for the industry and a genuine commitment to developing themselves and helping others.
Download the form here: Young Professional Award Entry Form
• Project of the Year 2021 – to be awarded to the project that can demonstrate a positive contribution to the Region. This could be by showing enterprise and ingenuity during the Covid-19 pandemic, overcoming challenges to continue operation and/or implementation, and other wider benefits that stand it out as high-quality project.
Download the form here: Project of the Year 2021 Award Entry Form
The winners of each award will be announced at a special online ceremony, the details of which will be made available soon.
Best of luck!
Our confirmed nominees and winners for 2020 were:
Young Professional Award
Reece Fowkes, Waterman Asperman
James Macpherson, Mott MacDonald
Karl Gibson, Capita – WINNER
Joe Blacklock, Sunderland City Council
Aaron Frater, Mott MacDonald – WINNER
Project of the Year 2020
A19 Testos Junction Improvement – Costain, Jacobs, South Tyneside Council, Highways England
A66 and Cargo Fleet Lane Improvement, Middlesbrough – Lynas Engineers, Middlesbrough Council
Sunderland Strategic Transport Corridor Phase 3 – Esh Construction, Capita, Sunderland City Council – WINNER
Congratulations to all our nominees and winners. A recording of the event, including an introduction to the North East Strategic Transport Plan from our guest speakers at Transport North East, is available in the members area of the CIHT website here.